Facials at Home
During these times of uncertainty or stress, it’s always important to prioritize self-care. While we're all stuck indoors for the foreseeable future, treat yourself to a much-deserved facial. The multistep facial treatment cleanses your skin, stimulates skin cells, hydrates and nourishes, giving you younger looking, radiant skin. Avoid at home extractions, however, as scarring and inflammation associated with a breakout can occur.
- Cleanse - Start with a clean canvas. Cleansing your face will remove any dirt, makeup, or product build-up. A gentle cream cleanser such as Guinot Hydra Tendre Cleansing Cream is recommended for sensitive skin. Focus on areas of oil and congestion. Use an oil based cleanser when removing makeup. Rinse with a warm washcloth.
- Exfoliate - This removes dead skin cells and excess oils. Guinot Exfoliating Cream is a silky exfoliator that instantly comforts and protects the skin.
- Steam - Position your face over a bowl filled with hot water. Put a towel over your head. This step will help open your pores and release toxins. Do this for approximately 5 to 10 minutes. Additionally, add a few drops of an essential oil such as chamomile. This will relax you while clarifying the skin with its antioxidant content. Ojesce offers a wide range of therapeutic oils.
- Mask - Constant contact with damaging factors such as pollution, sunlight and chemicals can cause the skin to age prematurely, making it appear dull. A mask will help remove impurities and return radiance to the skin. If your skin is oily and prone to breakouts, chose a mask rich in Vitamin C such as Guinot Newhite Mask. Conversely, if your skin is dry, chose a hydrating mask such as Guinot Moisture Supplying Radiance Mask.
- Serum - Regular use of a serum will give your skin a firmer, smoother texture, and decrease the size of pores. They are designed to deliver high concentrations of specific active ingredients to the skin and will help lock in the moisture that follows. Consider Guinot Liftosome Serum that both lifts and tightens the skin on the face and neck.
- Moisturize - This last step hydrates the skin, locking in moisture so that your skin is less prone to damage. Using your fingertips, apply a lightweight moisturizer such as Guinot Hydra Beaute Moisturizing Cream.