Safe Operating Plan
Our Mantra during Covid-19: Beauty that puts your Wellness First.
Safe Operating Plan
We are excited to announce that 2nd Look Day Spa is re-opening May 29, 2020. Out of an abundance of caution, we have implemented additional safety measures to protect both staff and clients. Your health and wellness continues to be our top priority.
- We will follow all local, provincial and national regulations and guidelines, including those related to occupancy limits, social distancing, and other measures intended to reduce the spread of COVID-19
- Employees are provided with PPE such as gloves, non-surgical masks and face shields. For services where wearing gloves may be counter productive, employees are fully trained on effective, consistent and regular hand washing hygiene.
- Clients and staff are expected to stay home when sick or exhibiting symptoms of illness such as a cough, shortness of breath, fever or sore throat.
- Your Esthetician may be less conversational. This is not to show disinterest but to prevent the spread of droplets.
- Communal areas and treatment rooms are routinely sanitized.
- Safety shields have been installed at front desk and manicure stations.
- 2 metre safe distancing will be maintained between clients with the removal of extra pedicure, manicure and waxing stations.
- Reduced seating in the waiting area. Clients are asked to wait outside the spa prior to treatment. Your Esthetician will receive you when ready. Arrive alone if possible.
- Each client will receive a plastic bag and antibacterial wipe prior to service. Please place all personal items inside the bag and wipe your cell phone.
- In order to reduce risks of non compliance against safety precautions we ask that children do not visit the spa.
- Beverage offerings are temporarily suspended.
- Bathrooms are temporarily closed to clients. Clients are encouraged to use the mall bathrooms as they are routinely inspected and sanitized.
- Crowd control measures are in place to limit the number of staff and clients within the spa at one time.
- We encourage the use of debit and credit payments, however, cash will still be accepted.
- Online shopping and curbside pickup available for retail purchases.
- Print brochures will not be available at this time. Please see the website.
- Additional cleaning time has been added in between each appointment. We are committed to a full turn-over and sanitization of all treatment spaces and linens after each service.
- Services have gone through a risk assessment and identified services where we feel safety may be compromised or we have not been able to address safety modifications prior to opening. These services have been temporarily suspended and will not be provided. Please check our website for more information.
Important notes for your visit:
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands immediately upon entering the spa, prior to handling the payment device and in between multiple appointments or between moving from 1 service area within the spa to another.
- Masks are required. You are requested to bring your own mask, if needed we can provide masks for a small fee equal to the cost.
- No-contact temperature checks are mandatory for staff and clients upon entering the spa.
You will not see a Covid-19 Fee on your bill. However, Covid-19 has introduced a number of supply vs demand and logistics discrepancies resulting in increased pricing of spa supplies. There is also a significant increase in spa supplies/product requirements and additional sterilization time between each service. We are also working with limited capacity on the number of clients we can serve and thus you will observe that we have increased our pricing for select services. However, our main goal is still to provide exceptional advanced aesthetics that rest upon clean beauty at a fair and reasonable price.
We feel it is unfair to charge a Covid-19 fee. We are all in this together and therefore we have only increased prices where it is absolutely necessary for us to sustain the service.
Please refer to our website for up to date pricing.
2nd Look Day Spa is a family of passionate people. We love what we do and all of our clients are part of our extended family network. We are grateful that all of our regular staff will be back at work to serve you once again. However due to Covid-19 measures, staff may be working reduced, altered or non-consistent hrs. Please book your appointments in advance to avoid disappointment. All management, front desk and service providing staff are adhering to stricter work protocols and therefore it may not always be possible for us to accommodate requests to see a particular aesthetician. We request your flexibility and patience. We all look forward to things returning to a more steady state in the future.
We value your support and patience during these unprecedented times. Please respect all safety measures in place to help stop the spread.
Management & Staff of 2nd Look Day Spa.